Travel Travails

| | Comments (2)

As unfortunate as it is to be stuck in Wyoming, as it turns out, things could be a lot worse.  For one thing, I'm not one of the thousands stuck at the Denver airport.  I could have been if we'd made it there before my flight was cancelled.  Even then, of course, I know enough people in the area that I probably could have gotten picked up yesterday morning.  But still, it's better to be home with the boys.

Another good thing is the rescheduled flight.  I managed to get a ticket out for Saturday.  At the time, Wednesday morning, this seemed like it was really too far away.  I wanted something for Thursday, or Friday at the latest.  As it turns out, though, Saturday is probably best.  The airport still isn't open yet.  It is supposed to open at 1/3 capacity at noon today, then slowly open more runways as it can.  If I'd gotten a ticket for Thursday, and quite possibly Friday, I probably would have ended up getting pushed back again, and then probably to after Christmas.  I've heard stories of that happening.  So I think Saturday is probably best, as much as I hate to admit it.

But enough gloom: up in a while, Friday Catblogging!

2 Comments

goofy said:

Have a great time w/ your family when you get there!

--goof

Alice said:

I'm sure the boys were grateful for your delayed departure.

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by Mackenzie published on December 22, 2006 8:35 AM.

Curses! Foiled Again! was the previous entry in this blog.

Bad News is the next entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.